06 July 2010

My FAA Build Log is Online

I had to figure out how I was going to log my build time, as required by the FAA for an Experimental Amateur-Built (EAB) airworthiness certificate.  I knew I wanted to make a computerized log rather than an "old school" paper based log.  I looked around at the options, and found several programs that would do the job.  In the end I chose KitLog Pro.

What I like about KitLog Pro is that it stores your log info on your PC, but the company also hosts a website that you can upload your log to and keep a web-based copy so that other builders or interested parties can track your progress (and learn from your mistakes).  Also, it's very easy to include up to three images with each log entry.  I wish the number of images was unlimited, but it's probably a good idea to limit the number of pics I include so things don't get out of hand.  After all, I'm logging my project, not scrapbooking!

Now that I have this in place, it makes it easier to know what to post on this blog.  I'll post technical information on my KitLog page: http://www.mykitlog.com/MrMorden .  That's where I'll include technical information, pictures of completed parts, etc.  I'll use this blog for information that is more general, about the build process and how I think about it.  Things the FAA doesn't care about, but that my friends and family might.  I'll also include images here of major complete assemblies...things that actually look like they came off of an airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment